The necessity of physical exercise:
Many epidemiological studies state that physical activities improve the health by decreasing the cardiovascular morbidity. In leisure time, the doctors advised doing some physical activities which can reduce the risk of Coronary Artery Disease(CAD). The leisure time the physical activity can decrease the rate of morbidity even when compared with genetic and other familial factors.
Benefits of physical exercises:
- Physical activity has positive effects on metabolism and body composition, collateral vessel growth and mobilization of endothelial progenitor cells.
- It will increase vascular nitric acid concentration (NO) which is responsible for vasodilation and leads to decrease of peripheral resistance.
- It also increases plasma tissue plasminogen activator activity. Exercises based on cardiac rehabilitation can reduce body weight and cholesterol levels.
- It helps to treat elevated BP, insulin resistance and glucose tolerance.
- It has direct benefits on the heart and coronary vasculature and indirect benefits for improvements in risk factors for atherosclerotic disease.
Levels of physical exercise:
Physical activity for primary prevention is class IB and for all eligible patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome is class IA. So the physical activity and exercise training are promoted for primary and secondary prevention of Coronary Artery Disease(CAD).
Moderate physical activities include walking briskly 5-8 km/hr, leisure cycling, moderate effort swimming, playing golf, general cleaning at home or lawn mowing.
Vigorous physical activities include running, rope jumping, pushups, pullups and situps. In Secondary prevention, aerobic training should be increased gradually.
Aerobic fitness will be achieved with regular walking by increasing the speed and distance gradually.
Test for patients:
Patients should check their pulse rate while exercising and according to the pulse rate, they should adjust their exercise intensity. Simply they can use talk test with other companies about the intensity during exercise or walk. Thus physical exercises can make heart healthier without any disorders.