One of the most common reasons patients go to the emergency room is for chest pain. The severity of chest pain varies from person to person. It also differs in terms of:
A sudden, stabbing pain or a dull soreness may be experienced. It could be a symptom of a significant heart condition. It could have been caused by a variety of non-life-threatening factors.
What are the reasons for chest pain?
Despite the fact that chest pain is frequently related to heart disease, many patients with the disease report a vague sensation that isn’t always diagnosed as pain. In general, chest discomfort caused by a heart attack or another type of heart disease can be described or linked to one or more of the following:
The following are some of the reasons for chest pain that are linked to the heart:
- A heart attack occurs when the blood supply to the heart is blocked.
- Chest pain caused by obstructions in the blood vessels going to the heart is known as angina.
- Pericarditis is a condition in which the sac around the heart becomes inflamed.
- An inflammation of the heart muscle is known as myocarditis.
- Cardiomyopathy is a condition that affects the heart muscle.
- Aortic dissection is an uncommon disorder in which the aorta, the major conduit that runs from the heart, tears.
Gastrointestinal reasons for chest pain include the following:
- Heartburn, or acid reflux.
- Swallowing difficulties caused by esophageal diseases
- And gallstones.
- Gallbladder and pancreatic inflammation
Lung-related causes of chest discomfort include the following:
- Bronchitis is caused by a virus
- Pulmonary embolus (blood clot)
The following are some muscle or bone-related causes of chest pain:
- Ribs damaged or shattered.
- Exercising aching muscles or chronic pain syndromes
- Compression fractures put a strain on a nerve.
What are the treatments available for chest pain?
Medication, noninvasive treatments, surgery, or a combination of these methods may be used to manage chest discomfort. The type of treatment you receive is determined by the origin and severity of your chest discomfort.
Treatments for chest pain caused by the heart include:
- Nitroglycerin and other treatments that open partially closed arteries, clot-busting agents, and blood thinners are examples of such pharmaceuticals.
- Catheterization of the heart, which may include the use of balloons or stents to unblock clogged arteries.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting, or bypass surgery, is a surgical procedure for repairing the arteries.
Where everything about chest pain is explained along with the symptoms and what are the factors responsible for it. If you are facing the same issue or having similar symptoms, get in touch with the best cardiology hospitals in Madurai is Devadoss Hospital. And get the best treatment from the best cardiologist doctors in Madurai.