A high impact injury in any part of your body may result in broken bones or fracture. A fracture is a broken bone that range from a thin crack to a complete break. Bone can fracture crosswise or lengthwise in several places. Usually, fractures happen when a bone is impacted by a force or pressure than is stronger than the bone. One of the most critical tasks that the best orthopedic surgeon in Madurai performs to treat a fracture or bone break is to reset the bone in its anatomical position so it may heal and re-join – thus enabling mobility and bone integrity.
What Causes Bone Fracture?
A broken bone, or fracture, happens when excessive force applied to your bone causes it to break or shatter. Fractures can occur from falls, trauma, and a direct blow to a bone. Some time while running; yes, repetitive forces caused by running can cause a fracture. The integrity of the bone has been damaged, causing the bone structure to fail, which results in a fracture or broken bone.
- Osteoporosis and some other types of cancer cause bones to fracture more easily; this meaning even minor trauma and falls can become serious.
- Traumatic incidents: Falls, vehicle accidents, and sporting injuries.
What Are The Types Of Bone Fractures?
The condition of a fracture generally depends on the force due to which the injury has been caused. If the bone’s breaking point exceeded slightly, the bone may just crack a bit rather than completely break. If the force is severe, such as a road accident, the bone may shatter. Bones are rigid but they do have ability to bend a bit. Here are some of the general types of bone fractures.
- Impacted Fracture: This type fracture is often seen with children’s arm. When the broken ends of the bone are jammed together by the force of the injury.
- Greenstick Fracture: This type injury also quite common among children. A greenstick fracture is an incomplete break where the bone is bent.
- Transverse Fracture: In case of a transverse fracture, the crack or break is at a right angle to the axis of the respective bone.
- Oblique Fracture: An oblique fracture is a crack or break in a bone with a curved or sloped pattern
What Are The Treatments Of Bone Fractures?
The best orthopedic surgeon in Madurai will start their treatment by taking X-ray to diagnose the severity of the injury. They may also use MRI scans (magnetic resonance imaging), and CT scans (computed tomography).
Depend on the bone fractures, the treatment of bone fractures get vary.
Some of the treatment that includes are,
- Internal Fixation
- External Fixation
- Cast Immobilization
In case, if you or your relations accidently have bone fractures, visit the best Ortho hospital in Madurai to avoid issues from developing.
Are you looking for ortho hospital or skin and laser clinic in Madurai? Devadoss Hospitals Pvt Ltd is your destination! He is not only an orthopedic surgeon, but also, the best diabetologists in Madurai. To learn more, visit https://www.devadosshospitals.com